Thứ Bảy, 21 tháng 7, 2007

Young set for £2.5m move to Boro


Middlesbrough have agreed a fee of £2.5m with Championship side Charlton for defender Luke Young.
The England right-back's move to the Riverside is subject to a medical while personal terms have yet to be agreed.

The 28-year-old has made over 200 appearances for the Addicks since signing from Spurs for £4m in 2001.

Last week, Charlton manager Alan Pardew said he would not prevent Young from leaving The Valley should a Premiership club come calling.

He said: "I've got a lot of time for Luke and I appreciate he wants to play in the Premier League.

"If a decent club comes in and I thought the fee was right I'd let him go.

"I've obviously brought in a replacement already in Yassin Moutaouakil, who I feel is going to give real competition to Luke if he stays."

Pardew added: "I know that if we don't get the right offer then he'll stay and be as professional as he is. There is no bad feeling and he's not being difficult."

Không có nhận xét nào: